Monday, March 30, 2009

iPickOne: A Entertainment App with Useful Functionality



Category: Entertainment
Release Date: 20th March 2009
Seller: Maurizio Ferraris © M. Ferraris 2009
Price: $0.99


Even though the iPickOne application is featured under the entertainment category, as one of the users, I personally believe that it is much more than a simple entertaining application. Since I bought my new iPhone, I have been downloading various kinds of applications from the iTunes App Store from each and every category. But of course, the entertainment and games categories have always been my favorite. iPickOne, to me is one of the most useful entertainment app I have ever used on my iPhone. It allows me to search the music or movie that I have chosen, directly on Google or Wikipedia with a simple tap on my iPhone screen.

Basically, the application picks random items from its database and helps the users to make new discoveries even when they are on the move. The item list of iPickOne is classified into 9 unique categories. Albums, Movies, Books, Songs, Architecture, Celebrity and Video Games are the general categories featured in the app. However, there are two special categories, which includes; WAYS TO SAVE THE WORLD and CONTACTS. Each of these categories comprises hundreds of amazing entries, which gets updated every month making the collection bigger day by day. In the 1.0 version of the iPickOne app, there are more than 2,000 entries to choose from.

Using this app is so easy that even a 10 year old can do it. iPhone developer have utilized the touch-screen technology of the device to design the app controls in order to make it user friendly. So, basically if you are in search for the latest movies, albums, books, songs or videogames etc, then the iPickOne app is surely the best choice for you.

Pros: Huge database, useful information and one tap user interface; these are the key features of the iPickOne apps.

Cons: As far as features and functionality is concerned, there is practically no drawback in the iPickOne application. But, the only thing is that the app is not yet available in some of the countries.


No comments:

Post a Comment